1.2.3.4.5.5.4.3.2.1

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Seuss Nah!




There are two characters: one named Sam-I-am, and a second who is never named. Sam is filled with energy and enthusiasm; his opposite number is morose and irritable. The plot revolves around Sam-I-Ames efforts to get his friend to try "green eggs and ham" (as described above). The friend refuses to eat the dish, and only wants to be left in peace. Sam-I-am goes through a variety of locations (house, car, tree) trying to persuade his friend to eat, but without success.

The triumphant conclusion of seas tale occurs when Sam-I-Ames friend, standing in shallow water after a train crash, surrounded by various people and beasts, finally agrees to try the dish and turns out to be a great enthusiast. The instant turnaround in the anonymous character's attitude is somewhat similar to that of the grins, whom Sam-I-Ames friend physically resembles except in having floppy ears.

I do not like them in a box.

I do not like them with a fox.

I do not like them in a house.

I do not like them with a mouse.

I do not like them here or there.

I do not like them anywhere.

I do not like green eggs and ham.

I do not like them, Sam-I-am


I have come to realize that I do not like what everyone else likes. That's ok because I was made to be different, to adhere to the standards set by a higher being than man. So I can take the criticisms, cold stares, and uncomfortable enviornments and stand up say I DO NOT LIKE IT! What a profound message from a text that was born out of a bet between an author and his publisher.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home