1.2.3.4.5.5.4.3.2.1

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Patient Love

Friendship
Intimacy
Love
Marriage
Commitment

Among the complexities of this life, I have resolved that love is one emotion that is simple enough to understand. Defined, Love is wanting good to come to another person; being concerned and willing to work for another person’s benefit. The bible teaches many lessons on the topic, even prescribing to us an often quoted passage in Corinthians. “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, and always perseveres.”
It continues with – Love never fails- and before finally closing with “these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
Within this context, it is simple if a person does not love, neither intimacy, nor passion, or altruism are of any ultimate value to that person. Love is the context which these gifts and deeds become significant. Outside of love, one could care less.
Patience with people –
I have spent time thinking of love within the context of the bible, because before you, the word for me was always tied to either family or in the pursuit of something physical. Like most rational people, I love my family and my true friends (that are in essence an extension of my family as it is often defined.) Those people that have been there for me before I even knew who I was. I loved football, winning, success, recognition. Then you. This love that I developed over time is such an intense, passionate emotion
I’ve never been the most talented, charming, creative, fastest, strongest in anything that I have done. Instead I have willed my way into the things that I have accomplished. I tried taking that approach with you and getting this shot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home